Winter project starting to take shape

Roadrunner

Once out on the road all the hard work will be forgotten, then comes we add ons you did forget about. :) been there had the ticket.

egg-fried-rice

Once out on the road all the hard work will be forgotten, then comes we add ons you did forget about. :) been there had the ticket.
I believe you. They say a van is never fully completed, theres always something to be added. Even ready built Motorhome owners are not an exception. I watched a few Gadget John episodes and he seems to buy a van then change just about everything. But I suppose that’s the fun, it’s more than just a holiday home on wheels.

devonian

Yes mine included all terrain tyres, a bike rack and maybe one of those roof mounted solar showers as I do not have an indoor shower.

Wdogg

Never had a chance to do much on campervan last few days but today started priming walls and have decided to fit solor panels, what is best 150w solor panel kit ? van has got 2 100ah lithium leisure batteries , i was thinking of 2 150w after working out wattage of appliances

tacr2man

Fit the biggest you have room for as you will never have too much on a van roof JMHO (if you have the free payload available )

jjturner

Fit the biggest you can, panels are rated with the the sun perfectly overhead and Sahara type sun. The greater the angle from vertical the lower the efficiency. The UK is quite high up and I'm guessing the panels will be flat, so that reduces the efficiency and even in summer at noon the sun isn't overhead. I've got 300w and rarely see above 150w, in winter sometimes its nothing.

Wdogg