Washroom basin

tesan-man

I'm looking for a basin for the van's washroom - I don't want a drop down one, and prefer a rectangular shaped one - must be white. There doesn't seem to be a great choice out there, anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks
Martin

D

Deleted member 2

Much as I would have liked to have fitted a large rectangular sink, I am afraid to say that in the tight, restrictive confines of a narrow panel van conversion (read Renault Master) there simply wasn't the room, so after many days of chewing the cud we relented and fitted a small corner fitting triangular one which has proven to be more than adequate for our needs.

Phil

tesan-man

It's interesting that a couple of you are using domestic ceramic basins - as a kitchen/bathroom fitter I have fitted loads of these in houses, but I have been concerned about using one in the MH due to the weight / possible fragility of them. Maybe time for me to rethink......
Martin

D

Deleted member 2

I agree with Martin about using ceramic sinks or possibly even shower bases most of all because of the weight.

I have just finished fitting out the downstairs loo here at home and have used a similar shaped sink to the one @Wissel has used and it weighed one hell of a lot. Now that attached to a solid wall with strong fixings is one thing, but to attach it to what can only be described as a lightweight, possibly flexible and most certainly shaking wall is quite a different matter and one that I, personally, would steer well clear of...................... Sorry.

Phil

Wissel

Fitted mine to a dedicated base unit fixed to the van, no problem.As it is only small no real weight issues. Dave
That's exactly what I'm doing :)

I'll then recess a toilet roll holder in the side of the unit so it doesn't get wet when showering. Small thing, but something I've always found annoying.

Of course it's a little extra weight, but worth it for us as will be living in van and want a nice bathroom. Fitting will be against 2 walls and a solid base unit with Sika. No chance of any movement how this is designed.

D

Deleted member

I rather like the look of the sink that Dave(Wissel) has used and I think that I shall make some thing very similar in fibreglass for the Maxus (Maxii???), but will make a fair face to the rear so that it could be used either L or R hand. Geoff.

Blueface

Used a small corner sink but the tap is one of those pull out hose ones for a shower as well. Completely dominates the sink making it next to useless. Come winter I'll be pulling it out and going for a small ceramic of some description I reckon.