user names

roadliner

Just an idle thought. I was wondering if any members would like to share how they came upon their sometimes fascinating user names? I served my engineering apprenticeship with the local Corporation Transport Department. As part of the fleet of 186 buses were 10 Daimler Roadliners an idiosyncratic 36 foot single deck bus V6 Cummins engine semi automatic gearbox and rubber suspension (like a giant Mini). Most thought they were crap but I thought they were characterful. I shall be using Roadliner graphics on the van. Dave

S

squiffy

Just an idle thought. I was wondering if any members would like to share how they came upon their sometimes fascinating user names? I served my engineering apprenticeship with the local Corporation Transport Department. As part of the fleet of 186 buses were 10 Daimler Roadliners an idiosyncratic 36 foot single deck bus V6 Cummins engine semi automatic gearbox and rubber suspension (like a giant Mini). Most thought they were crap but I thought they were characterful. I shall be using Roadliner graphics on the van. Dave
Mine came from a Yatch I used to own for 12 years, she came with the name "Squiffy" and as it's unlucky to change a boats name I kept it, she took me and my family on many safe sea trips so in her honour and memory I use her Monica.:winkytongue: Phil.

Liberty hall

Morning Dave
We came up with Liberty Hall from historic rights in a village we used to live! Basically those that lived within the town which was fortified had certain libertys!!! Those that lived outside had none!! (Out liberty)mainly came down to grazing and taxation also we renovated a old village hall..... simples;)
Take care
Ken
Ps Phil is Yatch welsh for yacht ;)x'D

Last edited:

VanNV

Envious of some of the great conversions on here... and bought the van which is an NV...

mr brown

i didn't have the imagination to think of one myself , so i'm using the one my mum gave me. it's very easy to remember

Pugwash

When I was 18, I moved into a student house. There was already a Geoff, so they called me Pugwash instead. I decided to use it online when I went on MUDs in 1990. I think the only place I use my actual name online is facebook!

oldpatchwork

I got mine from one of the one of my nick names and as I'm told I'm old and workaholic it fitted together
Patrick

Ballcock

I am plumber by trade and Ballcock was my CB handle back in the 80's and has stuck with me since. I used to get a lot of double takes as I had it across the top of the windscreen on my old Cortina.

D

Deleted member

Boring again - mum's word. Geoff(rey).