ULEZ

david.c.hall

We spend a night parked up in London once or twice a year for Lynda's hospital appointments. So I thought I should check up on the plans for the ULEZ.
I was a bit shocked to find that from 9th April 2019 we would have to pay £12.50 per day to go into the existing Congestion charge area, and from 24th October 2021 it will be within the North and South Circulars!
We can navigate around the Congestion Zone but our Euro 5 will be liable anywhere in London.
I thought all this was a few years away, but I guess I might need to start planning the next Euro ?? van
David

S

squiffy

My view is that if your going to have a zone like that there should be no exceptions to the rule. I.e. you should not be allowed to pay to enter this zone if your vehicle does not reach the standard required.

It gives those that can afford to pay preference over those that have to live and work in those areas. Its not that I totally agree with zones in any case, but if you make a rule it should not be a rule for one but not the other, I know it doesn't help in your case David but to me its just a money making scheme and very little to do with air pollution, or it would be as i suggested, one rule for everybody. :evilupset: Phil

Of course I'm talking about any type of so called zone

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberty hall

David

We have two off spring living in London and regularly visit!! We use a railcard that intitles us to discounted travel also you can tie it into your Oyster card for up to a 1/3 off.
Ken

D

Deleted member

We try to avoid London like the plague, if we have to go into L we try to park up north of L and go in by train or more preferably by bus. Geoff.

david.c.hall

We usually need to be in Kensington for 09.00 . So we sleep in the van outside the hospital as Lynda isn't good in the mornings and then can have a relaxed start :)
Otherwise it's a 05.30 start from home or the train and an Hotel
David

Pugsy

Hi David,
As Lynda (the co-pilot) has already hinted ,it maybe time for a new Euro?? van lol :openedeyewink:. ( not that there is anything wrong with the one you have)

Maybe i should just shut -up and not get the thought process going, i does'nt take much encouragement for us lot( self-builders) to do another project.lol !!

Look at Geoff he's doing a few in the one go. Glutton for punishment:rolleyes:.

Cheers Cris.

D

Deleted member

Hi David,
As Lynda (the co-pilot) has already hinted ,it maybe time for a new Euro?? van lol :openedeyewink:. ( not that there is anything wrong with the one you have)

Look at Geoff he's doing a few in the one go. Glutton for punishment:rolleyes:.

Cheers Cris.
True Chris, but way behind schedule (there never was one really!!!). What with my boats as well. Too many projects - not enough time. Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator: