Tanks fitted

tesan-man

After a VERY long wait (12weeks), Shaun at Barratt Tanks could finally supply and fit my water and waste tank(s) - it is combined/split tank . I have to say it was worth the wait - his tanks look good and fitting was nicely done....

Martin

Liberty hall

Martin
I believe you got the gas tank done while you were up that way? So 3 jobs done that’s what I call a successful trip.
Also no grovelling on the ground either!!
Enjoy the rest of your build:)
Ken

tesan-man

Yep - it was a successful trip. I'd planned to do the gas tank myself, but in the end I realised I'm getting to old to crawl about under vans sat on axle stands!
And Shaun is in demand 'cos he is good!

tesan-man

I am looking at running the pipes inside the van, and so need to think about pipe size. I plan to use John Guest Speedfit (been using it for years for work with 100% reliability) but wondered about pipe size. I have copious amounts of 10mm pipe sitting about but am concerned about flow, I also have plenty of 15mm but is that overkill? 12mm pipe is not available from the plumbing merchants I use, but is that the best option? Perhaps use the 10mm for the cold feeds to the basin and sink, then 15mm for the rest? Thoughts please...
Martin

Chris Shaw

+1 for 12mm, but the real pain is that you have to get your parts from the MH industry. My local plumbers merchant have plenty of 10mm and 15mm JG fittings but don't stock:teary: 12mm

Liberty hall

Red and blue here think it was 10mm though not sure as it came with salvaged caravan!! While on the subject of pipes if your able I’d go domestic waste pipe as we used flexible and it takes an age to drain. Also allows you to put in a U bend which we didn’t!!!!

And regret as the smell is horrendous :confounded: However we just put the plugs in and this stops smell a little ;)
Take care and enjoy the build mistakes and all
Ken

Fran Loake

Red and blue here think it was 10mm though not sure as it came with salvaged caravan!! While on the subject of pipes if your able I’d go domestic waste pipe as we used flexible and it takes an age to drain. Also allows you to put in a U bend which we didn’t!!!!

And regret as the smell is horrendous :confounded: However we just put the plugs in and this stops smell a little ;)
Take care and enjoy the build mistakes and all
Ken
Ken, these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Motorhome-Smell-Trap-Waste-Water-With-adapters-seals-of-your-choice/221263331482?hash=item338452809a:g:U3sAAOSwt6ZWWba3 are dead easy to fit and will stop any smell coming back up, also when the sink starts to take a while to empty I remove a pipe from the trap/u-bend and stick an airline up the pipe towards the tank. Helps a lot.

Fran

Darcar

We used 15mm jg through out you can get a tap adapter which screwed to the pump so simple and household taps too.
Darcar

tesan-man

I am tempted to use 15mm JG as I have some much of the stuff from the day job! Looks like it might be my preferred choice....

Liberty hall

Ken, these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caravan-Motorhome-Smell-Trap-Waste-Water-With-adapters-seals-of-your-choice/221263331482?hash=item338452809a:g:U3sAAOSwt6ZWWba3 are dead easy to fit and will stop any smell coming back up, also when the sink starts to take a while to empty I remove a pipe from the trap/u-bend and stick an airline up the pipe towards the tank. Helps a lot.

Fran
Fran
Never seen these I’ll have a look as I maybe able to retro fit them. Many thanks for pointing them out.
Take care
Ken

Chris Shaw

Fran
Never seen these I’ll have a look as I maybe able to retro fit them. Many thanks for pointing them out.
Take care
Ken
Wonderful smell trap I have one in my kitchen sink, BUT it does slow the flow quite considerably!! I also have smooth wall pipes all the way to the tank, on Shaun's advise. The black pipe is smooth inside wall, I understand the grey corrugated pipe make it even slower.

Attachments

Liberty hall

Wonderful smell trap I have one in my kitchen sink, BUT it does slow the flow quite considerably!! I also have smooth wall pipes all the way to the tank, on Shaun's advise. The black pipe is smooth inside wall, I understand the grey corrugated pipe make it even slower.
Morning Fran
We used the smooth lined black pipes and yes it’s a slow drain though it does go down eventually!! And let’s face it when where away we’re in no rush? Also the build up of water in the shower tray helps wash your feetx'D thanks for the image and link.
Ken