Smelly loo

Pudsey Bear

A few weeks ago I bought my old self build back, the price was very right so it seemed the right thing to do.

The whole van stinks of pee, it's a 402c loo (bench not swivel) under where the cassette lives there are two compartments with covers on top, when looking into the loo from the outside it looks fairly clean, but under the two covers is loo blue, but it's dry, so I'm not sure what the actual problem area is, I have just bought a fresh up kit to at least remove cassette issues, I've not cleaned it yet as I'm not well enough, so just fishing for ideas of the possible cause and more importantly.20191030_112259.jpg what the cure is and how to irradicate the pong

david.c.hall

we had a smelly problem that turned out to be the cassette.
One of the posts that the screws screw into that hold the mechanism onto the circular twist out plate had cracked and the small amount of movement that allowed was the culprit.
Fresh up kit and all OK
David

jjturner

I’m not sure their should be anything in those compartments as they’re where the external vents go, unless someone overfilled the loo, if so a good clean and then bleach in those areas might do it. Might be worth looking what leaked elsewhere if it was spilt/ over filled

jjturner

If you look a the image on this page it shows how the vent should go out the bottom of the van.. different sides depending upon left or right handed bench..

if none is fitted it could go inside the van