Shower tray draining

mrmoosehead

So, in a house you install a shower tray flat, and the built in slope of the tray drains to the plughole.
In a van, flat is a relative concept.
So i know that you can use levellers under the wheels (although I'm not 100% sure that some ageing crusty rockers are going to be happy about that. Haha)
What other tactics are there? My tray is low.profile, and a corner drain. I am.considering adding another drain in the opposite corner, and makong sure the whole thing is watertight to a couple of inches up the walls.
Camper showers are occasional and not much water, so is it worth the bother?

BigAldo

Two drain holes is a fairly common solution, or install a tray with a higher walls and put it on a more pronounced sloping base.
You don't say is you are installing a shower or just using the tray for a convenient place to have a wash down.
I ditched the whole shower idea when I realised the overheads associated with it - larger fresh water tank, water heater, larger waste water tank and additional gas requirements. The space required could be better utilised for my own build but obviously that's a personal preference.

david.c.hall

It is preferable, if possible, to take the shower drain to the end of the grey tank furthest from the shower tray.
Because if you have to travel with much water in your grey tank you can otherwise get flooding of the shower tray.

CamperJack

When I put in a shower tray I may put it on a bit of a slope so the water flows that way. Otherwise I will do as I do with the kitchen sink and simply push any reminants of water into the plug hole with my hand.

Last edited:

Pat & Ola

I have the issue of shower drainage on my boat. The flow on the river affects the trim of the moored boat and sometimes (usually) the drain is on the highest side of the tray. My solution is to use an 8" squeegee on the tray after I have showered. Works a treat and cost a couple of quid. Far easier than adjusting ropes in my case, or using levelling blocks in yours.