Set to turn a Kodiaq into a 2pers campervan

DeBreuk

Hi,

I am a new on this forum. I have been working on a set to turn my skoda kodiaq into a minicamper.

As I have no pratical experience at all I just started the project and although it is kind of prototypish I really like it.
Please take a look at this video for inspiration. Maybe some elements of the concept can suite you.

For us it works :extremelyhappy:

I will check out this forum for new ideas and improvements of this concept.

Darcar

Welcome to the fourm.
That’s a clever job, can you remove the box completely from your car?
Darcar

DeBreuk

Yes. Removing the components is needed as I use this car in daily live. I don't have budget and place for a camper.

Roadrunner

Very good just hope it dont rain.
Love the skoda,my last one a favorit lasted 22 years with 314 thu miles on it,i bought it for £10 at seven years and got £200 when i sold it.

Attachments

DeBreuk

@Roadrunner
It is a minimalistic concept with the focus on living outdoors, sleep inside. Rain is part of the deal. When it rains we use the inflatable shelter tent (long stay) or the rain cover for the storagebox (short stay). Traveling is fast and luxurious and we don't have any limitations when parking (esspecially in cities).
I am a Skoda driver for many years now. Started with the Octavia, followed by the Superb and now for more than a year in a Kodiaq. Since Skoda is part of the VW-group the price/quality ratio is excellent.

D

Deleted member

A very clever and well executed idea for a "camping car". I do however think it better suited to folk with younger bones than mine. I guess I was born too soon. Geoff.;););)

D

Deleted member 63

Yes, a very clever idea, but I'd go off it very quickly, deffo for younger more patient peeps, well done.

time4t

Hi Debreuk & welcome to the forum.

That's why we self build, to get what we want!

Phill

DeBreuk

Hi and welcome to the forum.

That is soooo clever! And beautifully constructed. Will you be going into production?
No ... no plans. The idea about this project was to do less business and spend more time outside the company!!! :closedeyesmile:

This is a design for a 5 seat Kodiaq. So other SUVs would need a different design. Even with a 7 seat Kodiaq you would have to go back to drawing board. Not a very intetesting business model if you ask me.

If someone is owner of a 5 seat Kodiaq and is interested in building a copy I am willing to send information

Last edited:

Roadrunner

@Roadrunner
It is a minimalistic concept with the focus on living outdoors, sleep inside. Rain is part of the deal. When it rains we use the inflatable shelter tent (long stay) or the rain cover for the storagebox (short stay). Traveling is fast and luxurious and we don't have any limitations when parking (esspecially in cities).
I am a Skoda driver for many years now. Started with the Octavia, followed by the Superb and now for more than a year in a Kodiaq. Since Skoda is part of the VW-group the price/quality ratio is excellent.
The old ones which i used to repair and sell were the bogs dollocks with the engine in the correct place.

Attachments