Read doors lining

jmatosp

Want to cover my rear doors, top will be the side of the bed, bottom on the garage.

I'm lining with double wrap foil, but can't decide if will just carpet on top or go with plywood lining, maybe half/half

Any ideas on how you lined the rear doors?

jmatosp

Either or. With t&g it’s more durable if it gets wet, carpet covered ply a bit cosier for a bedroom.
Sorry, was ment to be carpet trim under/edges and just white melamine plywood. Don't like carpet that much, I'm using just for tought spots.

Saw a couple of white t&g wall, looks really nice, just concerned about the fact that it takes some more width than just 3mm white melamine ply.

Wdogg

I like it too.
I'm doing that for ceiling with stained wood, but for walls would like white. I guess I could paint the cladding, but it's a lot of work...
If your going to stain the cladding best stain it before you fit and be careful Of over lap , make sure u oil it or polish I fit solid wood flooring for my job if you want anymore advice on stains etc just message me

Attachments

jmatosp

If your going to stain the cladding best stain it before you fit and be careful Of over lap , make sure u oil it or polish I fit solid wood flooring for my job if you want anymore advice on stains etc just message me
I think i read in another thread that advice about top oil, thanks!

I did as that, sanded 80-120-150ish to allow even stain, then stain, then 2 coats top oil each side.

Attachments

Roadrunner

T&G is to heavy, best to rivet up thin ply then use a roller to fit carpet with spray glue, cut carpet to size, mark centre lins with a nick at either end, start at front centre glueing and roller back, then from the middle of roof work out to sides.door storage.jpgroof to back.jpgtable seats.jpgvan to back.jpg