Please advise me, insurance advice and build is under way.

G-A-R-Y

When I bought the van (Sprinter) last year I found it difficult to get insurance because it was registered as a mini bus (because it was), I went with A Plan,(£300). This year, the build is well underway and it's registered as van with side windows. Adrian Flux now quote £230. Which is the better company or do you recommend any others.

I've built the toilet/shower room and I'm using aluminium extrusion to build the rest of my van.
I've made a few videos if you're interested. A link is below.
SUPER STRONG LIGHT WEIGHTsmall.png
My cupboard build.

albertramsbottom

Scary with those fixings, I would bodge that up. I have asked on the UT vid but where did you get all the kit, aluminium extrusions, bolts, nuts fixings ect and what are they called?

Cheers

G-A-R-Y

Scary with those fixings, I would bodge that up. I have asked on the UT vid but where did you get all the kit, aluminium extrusions, bolts, nuts fixings ect and what are they called?

Cheers
In America they call it 80/20, here in the UK we call it extruded Aluminium profile, it's made mainly by Bosch Rexroth, and sold by two main suppliers in the UK. Sizes I tried were 40x40mm for the roof rack solar and 30x30mm for the interior. There are lots of ways to fix it together, you'll need a good quality blade to cut it and accuracy is key.

There is no "give or take", it has to be mm perfect and cut to exactly 90°.
Both UK suppliers do their own version which is less expensive. If you look at this website you'll see all the different fixings. KJN profiles. I bought a lot of mine on Amazon and ebay too.

It weighs less than 1kg/mt. My upper cupboards (both sides) weigh less than 13kg, and they are strong.

If you're near Bristol I could demonstrate.