Planning for a Tall Person

Stripypanther

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie to the scene and I am currently looking at the possibilities of starting a van conversion in the new year, currently I am looking at van types, layouts and costs but the biggest issue I have to contend with is that I am 6'7" tall and I am finding that straight away I am restricted to pretty much the Crafter or Sprinter as these are the only vans I can fit my legs comfortably in to drive longer distances. We would really like to get the Boxer or similar brands and I had hoped when the bulkhead came out there would be some more movement of the seat backwards but I have been told by a few sources now that this is not the case. Before I take these off my list I thought I would ask the question if anyone knows if these seats can either be moved backwards easily or can have an extension rail added to them. Any help would be really appreciated, it would also be good to hear from fellow tall people as to any other issues you may have come across that I have not thought about.

Monkeybrand

I am 6 4" and find that in my Boxer with the bulkhead removed and the swivel added I have plenty of leg room. I could even raise the seat a bit more if I wanted.
Kev

BigStevie

Ultimately you have to make sure that you’re comfortable behind the wheel, The length of the seat base is perhaps also an issue to consider?
Best try sitting in various vans before taking the plunge! Good luck with your project.

Stevie