Odd bulkhead bit on Boxer non-door side

mrmoosehead

Any idea what this is, and if it can be removed? There isn't one on the door side. It's an extra lump on the bulkhead that gets in the way of where I need to do things.

1609768964684.png

jmatosp

Yeah, mine doesn't have. Could this be does to your changes that is prepared for a second bulkpanel?

Sandbagsid

Looks like an attachment for a seat belt but can’t really make it out from the photo. Looks like a job for mr disc cutter as it doesn’t appear to be structural.

Livotlout

My spring 2019 Relay did not have it.........only a lump much the same as sliding door side.

mrmoosehead

I looked more closely at it today as i had a little time...
It sort of matches to one on the other side, which holds the door frame, so i assume its there for when the door is on the other side.
I'm going to cut out the annoying protruding lump, anyways, to make it more flush with the wall line. There is plenty more support material inside it.
20210110_153442.jpg
20210110_153542.jpg

mrmoosehead

Ah! I think that is normal. I would, won't cut it, nothing is damn straight in the van.

Isn't the same as mine?
Yes. That's it. It's the bulge that is the issue. From what i can work out, it serves no purpose as the main strengthening bar is behind it. But it forces a wall/roof line about 5 cm away from where it could be, just for that piece

Wdogg

Any idea what this is, and if it can be removed? There isn't one on the door side. It's an extra lump on the bulkhead that gets in the way of where I need to do things.

View attachment 6307
If it’s in the way take it out and if later you realise it’s needed put it bk in , to meany people over think think things the worst thing that will happen is you have to put it back haha good luck with the build

mrmoosehead

i would cut it of with a grinder if it’s the metal that is causing u a problem, let me know how it’s in your way and a couple of pics not so close
It's in the way, because if I make all the wall allow for it, it wastes about 2" of gap behind it, when it's only that tiny bit that protrudes. It's going to be in the top of my shower/loo cubicle, so I can work around it if necessary. But it's annoying me :D