New Boxer slow build

Gary Wrench

Morning all, Boxer due to arrive 3rd September and parts are slowly arriving for it and cluttering up the place.
Its based upon a Boxer L4 H3, rear lounge, n/s kitchen , o/s bathroom. Two rear seats for kids which dont convert to anything, just for travelling. The reason for having H3 is that there is an electric bed mechanism above the rear lounge which lowers at the flick of a switch. This uses 1000mm actuators from Gimson Robotics which have arrived today :) love a bit of tech in the van ! So the drop down bed is mine and the wifes, the kids get the 6' lounge seats for as long as they will come with us.

It seems to have been a long time coming, ive already posted with others about all the ordering process being hard work and choosing the supplying dealer, we got 47% discount on the list price but being an H3 we couldnt have a 'professional' van so had to add all the pro extras as options except the rear camera which isnt available on H3 :(

A thousand and one details to be sorted out yet, biggest problem being the electric bed mechanism which needs building in first and everything else building around it.

Hopefully I'll make a neat job of it !

Cheers

Darcar

Remember have fun doing it.... and take loads of pictures you’ll need them later to know where something is/was!

You can easily get a after market reversing camera, so run the wires early.
Good luck with your build. Darcar.

time4t

Yes Darcar is right about the pictures, make sure when you take reference picks you include a way of measuring where the electrics & pipework is.
I once worked for a lady who wanted me to install stainless bars to aid the infirm when using her B&B on suite bathrooms, she said there's pipes running down the walls but I have pictures of where they are.
When I saw them they were just of the pipes, with no reference to there location!

So I used the good old detector to find them, just as well I did, one wall had 12 pipes running down it including electrical conduit.

Phill

Gary Wrench

I’ve been trying to think of some interesting graphics for the side of the van... thunderbird 2 lol !
Hopefully it will be the first thing in and working and lay floor and ceiling around it - I do realise that it will be a cold bridge but cant see a way around that

Last edited:

Val33

I’ve been trying to think of some interesting graphics for the side of the van... thunderbird 2 lol !
Don't rush to put graphics all over the van. I didn't put any on, but fully intended to, but having seen it in a field full of campers, mine looked clean, sharp and different. I'm now going to keep it plain :)

D

Deleted member

Good luck with your build - I am sure that we are all looking forward to seeing your bed mechanism. Geoff.