New Boxer L3H2 Build Log

Gary Wrench

I might rope you in to give me a hand with the gas tank on my L4H3 build - seeing as you can get a lift to make things easier !

Gary

Wissel

Yet another van :)

This one is a L4H3 with an Electric Bed!!! (it is cool - might even be a little jealous :))

Wissel

Never seen those solway panels so had a quick google I like the look of them! Though having seen the price I think IF we were to do we’d stick to marine ply.
They are nice and do give that "factory" type look, but I'm with you and prefer the look of wood myself.

Although I think if I were building a van to sell I'd be tempted...

The grey versions look very nice imo.

Gary Wrench

Thanks David, it’s my family camper but way behind so very thankful to David for the help with the furniture board etc. Busy weekend wiring everything up and getting the bed base on the frame for me and hopefully (around my day job !) get it done by the 30th !
Gary

Littleoldman

Really nice work. The van looks great. 11 working days! That'll be 12 months for me then. I would be so happy if my van ended up like that. Thanks for sharing.

BigStevie

Hi Gary, if you’re going over to Orkney, take the short crossing from Gills Bay, not the big ferry from Scrabster. It’s faster, cheaper and smoother! Don’t miss out on the Italian chapel, an amazing place.

Stevie

Paul van Zyl

Hi! Nice van! I'm very interested in the dead bolts you fitted to the vehicle. Did you do it yourself? Could you give me some more information about it?

Thanks!

Wissel

Hi! Nice van! I'm very interested in the dead bolts you fitted to the vehicle. Did you do it yourself? Could you give me some more information about it?

Thanks!
Do you mean the deadlocks on my own van?

If so, they are from here:
https://www.van-locked.co.uk/Shop/Products/Security/DeadLock.html

I went for the T-Series which have high security keys and have them on all our vans doors.

I did video when I fitted these - but it was around that time that everything went wrong and I never got around to editing the footage. Must get around to it at some point, but it's a fairly easy job.

The kit I bought was vehicle specific and came with concise fitting instructions.