My chinese diesel heater has stopped working correctly

devonian

It works for a few minutes with the pump going to prime it and the it even blows air for a bit but very little heat comes out and after five minutes it stops working and the light on the knob of the controller flashes intermittently with the setting lights around it. There is a photo of the error list below I assume its the top error but the English is so bad on the instructions I have no idea what the solution is? Does anyone here have one of these heaters?

Attachments

devonian

Update I have just realised the top fault is not a fault description but the table heading I think, therefore the way the lights are flashing on my unit do not match any of the 8 listed fault codes hmm....

jjturner

I have one of a similarly make, the only suggestion I can make is to check the glow plug and whether the pump is actually pumping.

Highlandbob

There is an American guy on YouTube who's had problems with his heater switching itself off
He found it was the pump apparently they only need a small piece of debris in the pump to cause problems
He bought a new pump which was cheap and fixed his problem
He was using a group on Facebook all about these heaters to get technical help

devonian

There is an American guy on YouTube who's had problems with his heater switching itself off
He found it was the pump apparently they only need a small piece of debris in the pump to cause problems
He bought a new pump which was cheap and fixed his problem
He was using a group on Facebook all about these heaters to get technical help
Is that John McK47 ? if so I found his channel today and shall be binge watching is videos soon.

BigAldo

Also have a look at facebook group Chinese diesel heater Uk
You don't need to sign up to the group and there are loads of really knowledgeable people willing to help. Probably one of the best resources available.