How does Ducato Central locking operate?

JayKay

My side loading door needed a new electrical contact switch when I bought it, and its now been replaced.

I'm not sure if the locking is working right though.

I can only lock the doors with the drivers door key, but that wont open the side door or rear door locks. The drivers door unlock drivers and passenger doors ok.

The only way to unlock any cargo door electrically is with the unlock button on the dash.

I don't have a remote, not sure if it should or not to be fair? Did they all come with remotes? Its a 61 plate ex PTS Ambulance.

Gary Wrench

You are correct with the key function , only unlocks the cab area when used in front door, use buttons on dash for rear doors . You should also have a remote control with three buttons, one to unlock the cab doors another to unlock the rear doors (inc side ) and another that locks all doors.

JayKay

You are correct with the key function , only unlocks the cab area when used in front door, use buttons on dash for rear doors . You should also have a remote control with three buttons, one to unlock the cab doors another to unlock the rear doors (inc side ) and another that locks all doors.
Thanks Gary, I didn't get a remote with it, so may have to splash the cash and get one. Guessing that will be dealer only and not cheap!

Gary Wrench

I’ve had a replacement remote key made at Timpsons outside a supermarket once for a fraction of the dealer price , went back for a transit key to be told they couldn’t do those so worth a ring ?

Liberty hall

Liberty hall

Jaykay
Hold fire on going to your main dealer I’ve found a guy that believes he can program me a new key.. hopefully will get to see him in the next couple of weeks!!
Take care
Ken
Ps I’ll update once I’ve been to see him

JayKay

Jaykay
Hold fire on going to your main dealer I’ve found a guy that believes he can program me a new key.. hopefully will get to see him in the next couple of weeks!!
Take care
Ken
Ps I’ll update once I’ve been to see him
Nice one Ken.

NicB

Don't know if this helps anyone but apparently on the ducato side door the four electrical pads (van side, on the black holder) are prone to movement which causes some seemingly unrelated fault messages.
The fix I was told was to slightly press the pad outwards from inside the van with the side door open (the thin metal van skin moves/distorts after a while due to the repetitive door slams against it.

Liberty hall

Key update the man that can is coming to me next Wednesday!! So I’ll update you all after he’s been. I will start another thread in build chat so other members can see the outcome...
Take care all
Ken

NicB

Key update the man that can is coming to me next Wednesday!! So I’ll update you all after he’s been. I will start another thread in build chat so other members can see the outcome...
Take care all
Ken
If he can do do it he is going to be pretty busy... fingers crossed.

Liberty hall

Long time since I said I’d give an update! However the chap turned up as rearranged and programmed new key in 30 minutes even has Fiat emblem on it.
Sorry for delay in update though hopefully things will return to normal..
Take care all

Pudsey Bear

Thanks Gary, I didn't get a remote with it, so may have to splash the cash and get one. Guessing that will be dealer only and not cheap!

Some people have key cover in there insurance and they'll replace them if lost, you may have to pay in advance with some companies as I did, but they cough up smartish.