Gold L4 H3 electric bed build

BigStevie

Hi Gary, just looking at the photos, excellent. The electric bed is a stunning piece of engineering, let alone being an awesome concept in the first place!
You must be delighted with the outcome, what a van!

Stevie

Gary Wrench

Yes very pleased , I had a hand from David Black (Wissel) who did the bulk of the furniture board , bathroom, gas connections etc. The best thing about a self build I’ve found is the way you can change things or add things as you go on, already added another cupboard by the back doors between the rear seats in place of a small table , got a few other tweeks to do yet but all in it’s great :)

Littleoldman

Hi Gary that's superb. Are the panels on the rear doors Solway? I have a 2017 Boxer and want to fit something to cover the rear doors. They look good. Can you insulate behind them? I have visited Solway's website and the price is ok, but want to get insulation in the doors.

Gary Wrench

Yep Solway, rear door panels are great, you’d probably get 15-20mm of closed cell rubber foam insulation behind the panel where the windows would be. Obviously they are made to fit the H2 and I have H3 so I made some carpeted panels to slip behind and extend above

Last edited: