Full size lpg cooker

Tonydom

Hi folks looking for advice on cookers,

I have been offered a nearly new 50cm lpg cooker from a static caravan can anyone advise me if it would be safe and practical to fit this into my self build, it's roughly the same size as the full cookers that are installed in most tourers

mrmoosehead

I guess you'd follow the safety advice for any LPG installation - monitors, gassafe (or equivalent) installation.
Are you worried about the static vs moving? Don't use it when moving... :D

david.c.hall

They are not usually suitable as the burners and trivets are not fixed and will become missiles inside the van in case of an accident. Also the racks in the oven will probably rattle badly.
Unless, of course, you don't plan to remove the bulkhead in which case probably OK
David

mrmoosehead

They are not usually suitable as the burners and trivets are not fixed and will become missiles inside the van in case of an accident. Also the racks in the oven will probably rattle badly.
Unless, of course, you don't plan to remove the bulkhead in which case probably OK
David
I wonder what sort of deceleration it would take for a gas cooker trivet to pierce a sheet metal bulkhead.

Sandbagsid

If it’s the same as in a caravan then it would be fine as mine came out of one and I haven’t had a problem. Just check the burner round tops are screwed down.

Roadrunner

I just used a caravan 2 ring and sink unit, but bought a canister gas top oven, this was in case I could not get my bottle filled, most shops keep the little gas canisters and I keep 4 in the van.gas oven.pngkitchen side.jpg