Ford tourneo custom newbie

Byrney

Hi everyone,

i am a complete newbie and have just purchased a tourneo custom 8 seater and im looking to convert it to a nice little camper for my family.

i am getting quite overwhelmed by all the company's offering conversions and the different options. I would like to do what i can myself if possible to not only save money but feel like i have achieved it myself and not just thrown money at an idea.

could anyone please advise me as to where to start? I know i need a roof on it and would not be willing to do that myself. Should this be the first step?

sorry for being so clueless

thank you in advance

tacr2man

Hi-smiley.png welcome to the forum . what roof are you thinking of fitting , as that will be a major factor before working out your interior .

Byrney

It will be a pop top of some sort, That brings me nicely to my next question. There seems to be so many pop top options in a range of prices. I understand that you get what you pay for but does anyone have any recommendations of brand or are the cheaper ones sufficient?

BigStevie

Hi and welcome. Can’t advise on the best roof I’m afraid.
It’s all about the plan. Needs and wants. Work out what you need, the things that aren’t tradable, then work the wants around that. Make use of every bit of space for storage.
When I had a VW Transporter camper, I had a van tent that fitted over the tailgate giving a lot of extra room. If you go down this route you have a slide out kitchen, lots of options. Just keep looking at lots of different conversions!
The good bit about self build is you can what you want, if it doesn’t quite work, you can change it!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, however daft you might think they are, we can do daft here!
Good luck, Stevie