Death of the TV Ariel.

Groyne

Well I've finally dragged myself into the 21st century. Vodaphone had an offer, sim only, 100 gig month, plus calls and texts for £20pm, but with cashbacks etc I got it down to less than £15pm. So I ditched my old supplier and went with them, all in less than a fiver more a month.
With all that data available, I invested in a MiFi, antenna and an Amazon Firestick. So when on holiday in the van, I can just stick the sim into the MiFi, now I've got streaming TV and no more hunting round for free WiFi. :)

20190331_135107.jpg

20190402_181311.jpg

20190402_181645.jpg

Wissel

We use a similar system Groyne.

Just a thought - I have in the back of my head something about the FireTV stick using a lot of data when not being watched (if stick switched on). Might be worth a test (but I might be thinking of a different TV stick).

Groyne

It'll be unplugged when not in use, the telly only comes out for an hour or two on an evening, I'll leave the MiFi permanently on while on tour.

Stewart Townsend

Well I've finally dragged myself into the 21st century. Vodaphone had an offer, sim only, 100 gig month, plus calls and texts for £20pm, but with cashbacks etc I got it down to less than £15pm. So I ditched my old supplier and went with them, all in less than a fiver more a month.
With all that data available, I invested in a MiFi, antenna and an Amazon Firestick. So when on holiday in the van, I can just stick the sim into the MiFi, now I've got streaming TV and no more hunting round for free WiFi. :)

View attachment 5154

View attachment 5155

View attachment 5156
Which Mifi aerial did you get, Im doing the same using 3 Unlimited with cashback its about 17 quid a month.

Groyne

I used this Antenna it's the same as the one on the motorhome wifi website, but without the Decal, and this MiFi (I got some cash off the MiFi) both the cheapest I could find. Plus a couple of Cables , make sure you get the correct SMA to TS9 fittings.

I also wired in a USB socket (which I already had) next to the Ariel/power socket.

20190402_181615.jpg

Groyne

System is working well, good internet connection and the Fire stick has been faultless.
Now sat in Skagan watching tv.

20190421_203834.jpg