Citroen relay

Paul67

Hi looking at buying citroen relay camper , it's a 2005 which has already been converted but needs a bit of work on interior it's only done 90000 and has had cambelt change and water pump recently what do people think of these Van's and what should I be looking at . Thanks

roadliner

Citroen Relay, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer all same body van. In my opinion a good choice to convert as the body is relatively square and you can buy anything for them with regards to conversion. ie. windows, awning etc.

Paul67

Thanks for info , what's head room like , ime 6ft also might need another couple of windows fitted are these easy enough to attempt myself (ime quite handy with tools) or is it best left to a pro

roadliner

You get a good choice of various heights and lengths with these vans. First van I did had a pro in to do windows . Watched him thought I can do that!!! So on this van I did. The thought of cutting bloody great holes in a nice van is daunting but once you start its ok. I cut holes out with jigsaw and purchased bonding kits from Vanpimps. Follow bonding instructions given no problem.

BigStevie

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. I think you’ve got the answers you were looking for. As mentioned above, if you’ve some basic diy skill, no problem fitting windows, either bonded or camper windows.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Stevie

Littleoldman

Hi Paul, l’m converting a Peugeot Boxer L3 H2 and my son is converting his Citroen Relay L3 H3. He’s 6ft 3 inches. He found the height of my van a little low he keeps brushing his head against the ceiling. He waited months to get the H3 and had to travel from West Wales to Essex to see the one he has. Watch as many YouTube videos as you can. Here are four people worth watching, DIY Campervans and variety, Mel’s van world, Gadget John and Greg Virgoe. Watching them will lead you to many other builders and you can see how to do a particular job, and in some cases how not to do it, but the 4 above are really good. God luck and enjoy.