Cheap Chinese diesel heaters

BigStevie

Has anyone used one of the cheap Chinese diesel heaters that are all over fleabay, between £99 and £129?
Feedback seems generally good on fleabay...any thoughts?

roadliner

Fitted Planar diesel heater from Cyber 24 hour on ebay a year ago. Love it everything included works well. I went for one with remote display. Just looked currently £138.

Last edited:

Wissel

I've ordered one for a cheap Vito conversion I'm doing (as a stop gap to get away at weekends)

Leaning towards running it on Kerosene.

BigStevie

Kerosene... I was wondering if it would run on heating oil. The stuff we get these days is quite smelly to burn compared to the paraffin of old. Also, could legally run on red diesel I guess?

mistericeman

They don't like heating oil.... Kero is expensive...

They use so little fuel just fit a dip tube into the main tank....
Even over two weeks xmas/new year time in the Northumbrian snow with the eber running 24/7 the consumption was un noticeable...
Not worth the pfaff and smell of a separate tank and messing about filling it.

helmit

I've used heating oil otherwise known as 28second kerosene for the last 3 years with no problems.46p per litre.

roadliner

Btw Dave, where did you mount the tank? Or have you tapped in to the vehicle tank?
Stevie. I did the same as mistericeman easy enough. I suppose if you have a rear garage tank could go in there. Also agree for what fuel it uses its not worth the hassle of alternative fuel. also what would be the long tem effects of such actions

fifthwheel

I've used heating oil otherwise known as 28second kerosene for the last 3 years with no problems.46p per litre.
I have a Chinese heater running on Kero no problems at all. Our pressure washers run on it too we have used Kero for house heating and cleaning earthmoving machinery for 50 years far better than diesel.