CB radio...

BigStevie

While going through the boxes of bits and pieces for the van build, SWMBO dived in to share the pleasure of eager anticipation. The anticipation of all the stuff getting fitted at last! This was lots of jolly fun until the box containing the cheap CB radio came centre stage. 'What the bleedin' hell do you want one of those for?' was her enquiry. After my cockney princess had finished with her derision of CB radio and comments about my mental age, I got a chance to answer. It's not a life style thing, it's a system of getting road information. I also reminded my beloved that this is a big vehicle (even bought a cheap HGV sat nav) and in such will not fit where the old VW T4 would go etc etc.
So, my question is this: Do others have CB's in their vans or am I in fact a seventies retro moron? 10/4

Stevie

D

Deleted member

[QUOTE="BigStevie, post: 23208, member: 326"
So, my question is this: Do others have CB's in their vans or am I in fact a seventies retro moron? 10/4

Stevie[/QUOTE]

I suspect that you are, but probably your're not alone. I still like all the old "trucker/breaker" tunes and have made a couple of cd's that we love to hear when driving. Enjoy your chat. Geoff.

mistericeman

You'll not be hearing much on them these days . .
Had one in the ladies for years to keep in touch when out green laning ...
BUT very little else going on ...
Still got my fully banded superstar 360 with lots of naughty channels on it ..
Nice to listen to some foreign sideband now and again ...
But I'd trust my tomtom live for traffic info everyday.

fifthwheel

You'll not be hearing much on them these days . .
Had one in the ladies for years to keep in touch when out green laning ...
BUT very little else going on ...
Still got my fully banded superstar 360 with lots of naughty channels on it ..
Nice to listen to some foreign sideband now and again ...
But I'd trust my tomtom live for traffic info everyday.
Well I never heard of a CB in a ladies before, do you have a rig in the gents as well?

Darcar

I’v got one in my jeep which we use for off roading, but around us, it’s just farmers who are on there all day long..
Darcar.

Fran Loake

I’v got one in my jeep which we use for off roading, but around us, it’s just farmers who are on there all day long..
Darcar.
We tried them on farm vehicles a few years back but couldn't live with the truckers chatter from the nearby motorway. I can swear with the best of them but some of the truckers were in league of their own :)

Fran