Best paint

perry

What would be the best paint to use in a camper. I will be painting over standard pine tongue and groove. I was thinking and kitchen or bathroom paint which is good for moisture. But not sure

jmatosp

I wouldn't know, I'm also using tongue and groove cladding but for ceiling and just using a stain for now.

Wdogg

What would be the best paint to use in a camper. I will be painting over standard pine tongue and groove. I was thinking and kitchen or bathroom paint which is good for moisture. But not sure
What effect are you wanting ? If your just wanting to cover it completely prime it then paint white top coat , if your want to paint it to still see grain etc wood dye it in what ever colour u choose then put 2 coats of osmo top oil on it seals it and it’s uv stable so doesn’t go yellow with sun light and you can wipe it down with a wet cloth to clean it

perry

Just a nice coat of white paint to give it a clean fresh look and easy to keep clean

egg-fried-rice

I once saw a YouTube video were someone explained why you need to be careful about which paint or varnish you select for use in a van or confined space (even when dry). I think it was Mel’s Van Life. I won’t comment further as my recollection is sketchy but it’s worth checking out.

perry

Thanks just watched it. I have see a few of Mel's camper videos. Been handy and has some helpful information.
Just wished he didn't keep moving his arms around like a rap star. Lol

egg-fried-rice

Thanks just watched it. I have see a few of Mel's camper videos. Been handy and has some helpful information.
Just wished he didn't keep moving his arms around like a rap star. Lol
He’s funny isn’t he, but he does come across as a really nice guy, always full of life and always happy. Don’t forget to subscribe he has two cats to feed.

Roadrunner

Two pack epoxy over wood, finished with 2 pack polyurathane, thats what boat builder like me use, sigma jutan clark or international.