Battery draining

Chewitrugby

Can anyone help, I'm new to the campervan world, bought a camper conversion and something seems to be draining the battery.

BigStevie

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Where to start?
Do you mean that the vehicle battery is draining or that a separate ‘camper’ battery is draining?
Depending on your battery set up and charging system/s it’s difficult to advise.
Is your camper a professionally built vehicle, or a self build?
Frankly, there are so many possibilities is very difficult to offer a solution. If you don’t feel competent at having a go at locating the problem yourself, I’d suggest having an auto electrician look it over.
Depending where you’re located, there maybe another member here with some knowledge that’ll cast an eye over the problem.

Sorry I can’t offer any constructive help! I’m sure others will have comments to add and good luck with getting it sorted.

Stevie

Chewitrugby

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Where to start?
Do you mean that the vehicle battery is draining or that a separate ‘camper’ battery is draining?
Depending on your battery set up and charging system/s it’s difficult to advise.
Is your camper a professionally built vehicle, or a self build?
Frankly, there are so many possibilities is very difficult to offer a solution. If you don’t feel competent at having a go at locating the problem yourself, I’d suggest having an auto electrician look it over.
Depending where you’re located, there maybe another member here with some knowledge that’ll cast an eye over the problem.

Sorry I can’t offer any constructive help! I’m sure others will have comments to add and good luck with getting it sorted.

Stevie
Thanks for your reply Stevie, it's the main van battery I only replaced it yesterday thinking it was faulty, and this morning it started but not as it should. Its a DIY conversion I have bought privately.

BigStevie

I guess there’s a split charger for the hab battery/batteries? Might be worth disconnecting the split charge for a day to see if it’s loosing power through the split charge system?

Sandbagsid

Sounds like it’s the habitation battery that’s draining it as even with the cab radio and van alarm taking a draw of the starter battery it wouldn’t drain it to that extent in a 24 hour period. You could check to make sure the fridge 12 volt system hasn’t been connected to the main battery without an override switch, I have seen it done before.