At last, van back and jigsaw to the ready...

BigStevie

red beast 001.jpg red beast 002.jpg Well folks, after much talk and little work, I got the Sprinter back from being serviced, mot'd and tidied up. Took an extra day or three as I had to get a new centre bearing hanger for the long propshaft.
Basking in the near thirty degrees of heat here in the north Highlands, I got the jigsaw out and started measuring and cutting... two days later and the Highlands is back to it's usual wet, bugger!
Anyway, got all the window holes cut (roof vents/skylights still to do) and the wooden frames bonded to the inside. Also got some of the floor battens down ready for insulation. Bonded window in the side door in, easy peasy. Hook up and water filler in too.
As rain has stopped play for weekend I've decided to have a some time off and do nothing, hoping that I'll be enthused and invigorated enough to get the build mostly(!) done by a week Wednesday... hahaha!

Stevie

Attachments

BigStevie

Thanks Ken, I'm sort of secretly enjoying the stress of getting it done in time for our trip. My other half is cool about the whole deal, 'sling a mattress in the back with the camp cooker and picnic furniture, we'll survive'. Got to love her attitude!

Stevie

Darcar

Great looking big van, I’m sure you’ll get on with it now it’s home... I felt guilty every time I walked past mine.

Unfortunately my wife wouldn’t camp in the back, so it had to be “ finished “ before she come away! Now she’s keener than me!
Darcar.

time4t

Good to see you can get on with it Stevie.

I reluctantly walk past mine, wishing I could just get on with it but other work gets in the way:(.

Phill

D

Deleted member

Nice van Stevie. I think that your wife has the right attitude. Well done, windows look great. Geoff.

BigStevie

Another day of usual Scottish weather... Decided to take the cab headliner out to do the insulation and route cables for reversing camera etc. Another fiddely job done. More floor battens glued down and some exact measuring done for the bed platform. I've got my determined hat on, some late nights methinks...

Stevie

BigStevie

Bought some CLS a couple of months ago when I saw it on a very cheap offer, came to use it yesterday and it's all warped! Moral is, buy timber as you need it... on the plus side I'll have plenty of kindling for my stove!

Stevie

time4t

Where timber is concerned, I try to store it where it'll be used, not always possible I know but I've seen chipboard panels pull away from frames when made in a workshop then fitted in a house!

Not that I regard chipboard as real timber!

Phill

mr brown

my method for quick easy windows and rooflights .
make the wooden frames and glue in place
insulate
board walls and ceiling
use laminate cutter to cut out interior panels using wooden frames as guide
drill holes in each corner , join the dots on the outside
cut out metal and fit windows