Another dumb question from me

vicdicdoc

Dah ! Did I ask before? - can a Shurflo pump (model SUK0184) be fitted upright against the wall of the van or laid flat ?
-Also, I enquired with a Shurflo pump dealer who told me that as my pump doesn’t have a pressure on/off switch - one cannot be retrofitted ??

roadliner

Don't know what that number is. Mine says Shurflow model number 2095-403-443. Pressure set at 30 PSI, 4amp max current draw. I just plumbed it in and it turns on when an ordinary domestic tap is turned on due to drop in pressure. With regard to mounting can either be vertical or horizontal but do not overtighten fixing screws on rubber mounts or it will be noisey.Don't know whether this helps you but they are my experiences. Dave

vicdicdoc

Thanks for your input - I had a reply from Shurflo who told me that it's not feasible to retrofit a diaphragm on/off switch which I find almost unbelievable - or is it a ploy to get me to buy a new pump ?

mr brown

they probably can't grasp why anyone would want to when a relatively cheap pressure switch sorts the problem

D

Deleted member 63

I question why you would need a pressure switch when the shurflos have on in them already, I'd imagine it'd jsut confuse things, if the pump didn't have one then yes.

vicdicdoc

My pump hasn’t got one ! Whoever plumed it in just wired a separate remote on/off switch- which means the pump runs continually regardless of a tap being opened (don’t ask me why ‘cause it doesn’t make any sense to me- just a waste of battery power!
But seeing as I can’t get a ‘proper Shurflo pressure switch & a separate pressure switch is not far off the price of a new Shurflo pump I’ve bit the bullet & ordered a new pump fitted with a pressure switch (£49 fee delivery).

D

Deleted member 63

That's the way to go, good price though, I expected £60-70