ALEC'S BUILD

Livotlout

Well I've had the van for a couple of weeks, must start posting what I'm up to :-

IMG_20190523_190752.jpg

First of four privacy windows to go in, there will be another 'slider' behind driver, and two high level sliders (one either side) at rear for viewing from high level bed.

Alec.

Roadrunner

Plenty of insulation alec,cab and doors are the biggest heat loss and hardest to sort,best put a big curtain between there and the back hab,good luck with van and build.

BigStevie

Hi Alec, Good luck with the van, I found fitting the bonded glass a very rewarding task! As mentioned above, get cracking with the insulation. I've used a combination of various types depending on location.
You mentioned a high level bed, does that mean you're going for a permanently fitted type? I have in my van, It's a permanent king size. Getting old now so comfort is top of the list! It's about two feet off the floor, so have useful space below. My water tank sits between the back wheel arches (under the bed). I intended having the two leisure batteries at the back too, but found the van was getting out of balance, so have moved them forward to just behind the cab area.
After fitting the floor (with insulation under the boards) I built the sturdy bulkhead between the bathroom/kitchen area and the bedroom. This gave me a datum to build from for the rest of it. As I'm building to a budget, it's not a shiny interior with fancy fittings, rather just a good user.
Anything I would have done differently? Been much more on top of the wiring as I went. I guess that this is down to more accurate planning!

Good luck and have fun,

Stevie

Livotlout

Thanks Stevie, yes planning on twin longitudinal set up with mattress approx, 800mm from ceiling (50mm insulation) hence high level windows.

Alec.