2011 VIVARO - JUNE'S BUILD

Hi there

for June I have another Vivaro short wheel base camper to build.

Its going to be a quick build, 3 weeks if possible as I am due to move house at the end of June.

So far I have stripped out the bulkhead and ply lining and cleaned out the the van.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0249.JPG IMG_0251.JPG

Hi all

got a an hour on the van this morning in between customer jobs. She's now completely clean and ready for the windows to go in. I have made the screens for the rear door windows as these will be the first to go in.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0259.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0261.JPG

and the first window is fitted.

I should have the drivers side one in later.

Tomorrow should see the windows in the rear doors fitted and the first fix electrics in.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPG

and the rest of the windows are in!

Thats it on this one for today as i have some customer jobs to do plus lots of tidying up.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0272.JPG

Hi there

didn't get a huge amount done yesterday as the weather turned poor.The new floor is made and fitted plus the Altro flooring is down. I have modified the rear floor finisher to work with the new ply floor and cleaned it up and fitted it back with some new screws.
The side step has also been cleaned up,rust removed, zinc primed and carpet lined. Just the edging to cut and fit for the side step. Tomorrow should see me get a few hours inbetween other jobs so the wiring for the lights and water pump should go in plus I may get the roof insulated.

Cheers - mike IMG_0275.JPG IMG_0277.JPG

misterg

I can't believe the speed that you get through these!

I can't believe the speed that you get through these!
Hi there

the record is 11 days from purchase to sale.

This one is going down to cornwall with its new owner on the 22nd so best keep at it.
Cheers - mike

Got a couple of hours on the Vivaro this morning so I have made the rear quarter panel trims.

The one for the passenger side is fully trimmed and the one for the drivers side just has a 100mm or so strip at the rear. Once I have had my lunch I will insulate both the rear quarter panels and if the weather holds will trim the rear roof and c pillars.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0279.JPG

hi there

got a bit more done this afternoon,

the b pillar is now trimmed, the wiring for the kitchen light and the main light is in and the rear door trims have been cleaned and the screw holes in them plugged.

All the sides have now been cleaned and insulated, the ceiling panels will be insulated before fitting. IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0286.JPG

I have also made the profile guide for the front and rear halves of the ceiling.

The leisure battery arrived this afternoon so I may install the split charge wiring tomorrow depending upon availability of time.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG

BigStevie

Wow, that's called getting on with it! Good luck and you've made me feel my age....

Stevie

Hi all

I didn't get anything done on the Vivaro yesterday due to the weather and dealing with customers although i'm pleased to say she's now sold with completion due by the 22nd June.

She's going to have a couple of upgrades to include blown air heating,twin tone upholstery on the rock and roll bed and rear parking sensors.

I should get beck onto the build on Monday with the next job being to make and fit the ceiling.

Cheers - mike

Hi all

had a run over to Grimsby to collect some furniture board and trim this morning. The weather was truly horrendous, pitch black and raining heavily.

I have had a steady afternoon making some of the panels for the units, the kitchen front panel and door are done plus the side panel and the small door for the cupboard above the fridge. Tomorrow morning should see the last kitchen panels made. I have my grandson coming tomorrow afternoon so don't expect to get a lot done.
Have now got everything here or on order for the build. I have a couple of upgrades to do, there will be blown air heating and an extra light in the rear of the camper.

Cheers - mike

Hi all,

got a bit more done today between downpours and grandson duties.

All of the kitchen panels are made,doors fitted and the required holes for the fridge vents cut out.
Tomorrows jobs are to carpet line the area around the kitchen window,make and fit the kitchen rear panel and then I can start fitting the kitchen and fridge for good.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0294.JPG IMG_0295.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG

Hi all

got a bit done today despite the rain. The kitchen wind area has been carpet lined and the rear panel for
the kitchen has been made and fitted. All the panels for the kitchen have been made and adjusted for fit.

They will need to come out tomorrow so I can carpet line the step into the cab and then they will be fitted for good.I'm hoping to get all the panels for the wardrobe made tomorrow and trial fitted.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0300.JPG IMG_0302.JPG

Hi all,

got a few hours in this morning whilst dodging the rain. The blown air heating system is mounted and the blank for the work top has been cut and the fit finessed.I hope to get the hole for the sink cut later and maybe get the laminate applied. I wont get the panels for the wardrobe cut today due to the weather. I also need a good dry day to get the underneath works completed.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0303.JPG IMG_0304.JPG

Hi all

got a couple of hours in this afternoon.

The worktop is now laminated, the pop up socket fitted, the hole for the sink is cut and the edging is fitted.Last job for today is to make the rear wardrobe door.

Cheers - mike

IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0309.JPG

fifthwheel

Did you used to post on another forum Mike, are you from Normanton Yorks