We’re away first shake down trip !

Discussion in 'Under The Awning' started by Darcar, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Darcar

Darcar Well-Known Member

CF390D59-B5CF-455A-84E1-974D124681CF.jpeg We’ve stolen 10days away from work, and doing a little trip around Cornwall.
    First night at par sands ( or the ship inn car park ) lovely weather van working well. Second night visiting liz’s Uncle, at gunwalloe. Where I resized I’d left the key for the locking fuel cap at home, on the bench. Rung my dad who sent it on.
    Now down on lands end for tonight...

Very happy with the vans performance so far. Nothing to change!!

A very big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us through our 18 month build, I don’t think I’d be here drinking Buck’s Fizz without all your help and encouragement.
    Cheers all Darren...

iansum, Pudsey Bear, Chaser and 9 others like this.
  2. Pugsy

Pugsy Well-Known Member

Glad its all going well and the sun is shining enjoy:cool:.

Cheers Cris.

Darcar likes this.
  3. Buzzy Beans

Buzzy Beans Well-Known Member

It's an amazing feeling isn't it Darren sitting there looking up at all of your hard done work with your Bucks Fizz in hand.......... Bloody hell I/we did all of this!!

Enjoy, my friend, enjoy. Your times away will get better and better and the smile on your chubby cheeks will get wider by every passing mile.

Phil

Darcar likes this.
  4. roadliner

roadliner Well-Known Member

Enjoy well deserved. Must be very satisfying when everything is ok. Cheers with the Bucks Fizz. Dave.

Darcar likes this.
  5. pandj

pandj Well-Known Member

Have a good trip.

Darcar likes this.
  6. Kermavio

Kermavio Well-Known Member

After all the big changes you did (caravan door, back window, etc), you must have wondered if it would ever get finished. Especially in the short, cold days of winter. But now, here you are, sunning it around Cornwall. Well done, mate; I'm very pleased for you.

Darcar likes this.
  7. GEOFF

GEOFF Well-Known Member

Enjoy Cornwall Darren, great place. I bought an old Lanchester LD10 and a Sunbeam Talbot from two elderley sisters in St. Blazey and I think the LD10 was in a garage at Par. The pointed end is a great place for M/Homing, especially now that the roads have improved. Geoff.

Darcar likes this.
  8. Darcar

Darcar Well-Known Member

Back home now, after a gentle tour around Cornwall, having cover 550 miles in ten days. I’m very very happy with the way the van preformed, everything worked as I’d hoped for,
    Now I’v only got to fit some better cupboard catches on the wardrobe and the shoe draw. Very happy with our efforts.
    Darcar.

9. roadliner

roadliner Well-Known Member

Glad it went well. Obviously you got fuel in to get you home! Dave

Darcar likes this.
  10. Liberty hall

Liberty hall Well-Known Member

Darren
    Pleased all went as you wished, there’s no better feeling when everything comes together:) now start planning the next away day.
    Ken

Darcar likes this.
  11. Buzzy Beans

Darren that is brilliant news and such an enormous pat on your back for all of your (and your most beloveds) dedicated time over the past months that at times you thought would never end!
    It is such an utterly amazing experience being able to sit down with a large glass of 'Bucks Fizz' whilst soaking up the enormous feeling of ................. bloody hell, I/we built all of this

Truly well done, I know exactly how you both feel :winkytongue::happyblush::relievedface::winkytongue::)

Phil

ps. This coming Saturday we will be overnighting on the banks of Lake Vernwy in 'Millie' where we went for our very first shake down test some 3 years ago and where I discovered :)eek:) a significant water leak that flooded out the floor, but mind you, it didn't stop the flow of champagne, whisky, wine and beer !!!
    Hopefully on Saturday the blessed water leak will not raise its ugly head again.

Darcar and Liberty hall like this.
  12. Pudsey Bear

Pudsey Bear Well-Known Member

Nice one, van looks good, have you done a walk round video of it yet.

@Phil was at Lake Vernwy a few weeks ago, parked up next to the big picnic tables, lovely spot

13. Buzzy Beans

The exact spot where we will hopefully be on Saturday night Kev.
    Phil

14. Pudsey Bear

There were two scrotes on off roaders flying around when we were there, I got out and discouraged them.

15. Liberty hall

Buzzy/Pudsey
    When you say Lake Vernwy:) Do we actually mean Lake Vyrnwy or as my Morher used to say Llyn Efyrnwy in Powys;)?
    Take care
    Ken

16. Pudsey Bear

17. Buzzy Beans

Well shiver me timbers Ken, my senility never ceases to amaze me and just to think that in relative terms I used to live just up the road from this beautiful place!!
    Phil

time4t, Liberty hall and Pudsey Bear like this.
  18. Liberty hall

More a case of spell checkx'D agree though the area is stunning :)
    Ken

19. Pudsey Bear

20. Darcar

Darcar Well-Known Member

Yeah Royal Mail delivered the key next day!
    Darcar