Toilet/shower room ventilation

Discussion in 'Materials and Suppliers' started by Wanderer, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Wanderer

Wanderer Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a small extract fan for the toilet/shower room. I was thinking of the 12v Mushroom Vent sold by Magnums but have heard bad reports about it.

2. Liberty hall

Liberty hall Well-Known Member

Heard of people fitting mushroom vents though we fitted a micro heki 280/280 let’s plenty of light in and steam out!! However we’re never in there long enough for it to become a sauna!!
    Ken

3. JayKay

JayKay Active Member

4. stevetheplumber

stevetheplumber Well-Known Member

the opaque mk rooflights are as cheap as chips i think you need a window or roof light in any shower or toilet

5. Wanderer

6. BigStevie

BigStevie Well-Known Member

I've gone for a fiamma turbo roof vent, not the cheapest, but said to be fairly reliable. The cheapest I could find was a Johns Cross Motorcaravans at Robertsbridge.

Stevie

7. Darcar

Darcar Well-Known Member

We’ve fitted a boat porthole in our bathroom, it’s the only window that’s not double glazed, as it’s in a wet room I didn’t think it was necessary.
    Gives good ventilation and a view while sat on the loo!
    Darcar.

Wanderer likes this.
  8. Kermavio

Kermavio Well-Known Member

I have to have a window in mine (French regs), but I've also fitted a basic mushroom vent (not powered) as well, as the steam will go above the height of the window.

9. Roadrunner

Roadrunner Well-Known Member

I dont have a shower but a small wash basin/water heater,in the roof i installed a mushroom vent which works well,i have only electric light led type and no windows.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 4:59 PM
  10. Wanderer

Thanks for all your comments, i will look at using a mushroom vent and adding a fan for extract.

11. JayKay

JayKay Active Member

Hi,

You can get mushroom vents with a fan already in. Try Magnums in Grimsby.

12. VanNV

VanNV Well-Known Member

friend of mine has a solar vent on his boat - like these - seems to work very well

I have a "universal vent" (little opening window) in my Nissan which I am very pleased with and, unlike a mushroom vent, can look out of... :cool: see here

13. Pugwash

Pugwash Well-Known Member

In my Maxus I bought a silent 12cm PC case fan and fitted it on the outer wall connected to a simple switch. Just a downward facing vent cover to prevent rain coming in.

Kermavio and Wanderer like this.
  14. Buzzy Beans

Buzzy Beans Well-Known Member

We have an MPK roof vent fitted which we always have open when on site, in addition to this we have a Propex heater installed and I put in an additional vent point into the shower/loo room.
    Now all we do when we are going into the loo for number 2's or to have a shower in either hot or cold weather we turn on the Propex fan (+ the heater in colder weather). This works superbly and wafts all unwanted odours or steam up and out of the already opened MPK roof light.

Simple pimple!

Phil

Wanderer likes this.