New year , new project

Discussion in 'General Self Build Chat' started by Chaser, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

Today's job

oldpatchwork likes this.
  2. GEOFF

GEOFF Well-Known Member

Not a lot to see there Chaser. Geoff.

Chaser likes this.
  3. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

ORG_DSC00656.jpeg ORG_DSC00663.jpeg ORG_DSC00664.jpeg ORG_DSC00666.jpeg Sorry about that I posted the last one before I should have done , anyway this is today's work, first one is this morning , second ones are dinner time final is tonight , just want a door on now, all steel lined.

time4t likes this.
  4. GEOFF

GEOFF Well-Known Member

Looking very good. you really are steaming ahead now. Difficult to see from the pics, but are there gas drop outs in the locker floor? Geoff.

5. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

No , stroke of luck there, if you notice I have cut a hole in the wheelchair ramp to drop the bottles, and it is hollow and slopes down to the back and it is open to the air so plenty of vents there.:):):)

time4t, Kermavio and GEOFF like this.
  6. Kermavio

Kermavio Well-Known Member

He's moving so fast, you can't see him:D:D:D!

GEOFF and Chaser like this.
  7. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

I have come down with man flu so not done a lot this week , got the gas locker finished , got anew battery installed , solar panel and controller come today but not even looked in the boxes yet, can anyone tell me how we are getting a table in to satisfy dvla , with lifting the seats/bed ordinary tables are to low:(

8. Kermavio

Tha average dining seat height is about 45cms from the ground. By the time you've got cushions / mattresses on those frames, you won't be too far short of that. The average top of table height is around 72cms. If you get some legs such as these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-...907749?hash=item3d57f87ce5:g:Y0gAAOxywXFSbnTx then you can adjust the thickness of the top to suit you. I believe this type of table is quite acceptable to the DVLA - show 'em photies of it standing in place and secured folded in the van.

Chaser likes this.
  9. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

Yeah but lifted the seats up 6 inches and can't get your legs under a normal table , it's got to be at least a metre high

10. Kermavio

False floor?

Chaser likes this.
  11. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

This bloody flu has really knocked me back, buthavebeen doing some thinking, if I build a step between the side door and the bed thenput a poletable onthat and sit on the end of the bed side by side it should work alright ,what do you think?

12. Chris51

Chris51 Member

Charlie -new to DIY forum -just joined- wondered if you knew about c/van breakers up Silverdale (I got a lot of my stuff when I did my Relay),handy if you need the odd bit.Might have been already mentioned but why swop the old van ?

13. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

Hi Chris , no way are we thinking of swapping the motorhome, in fact just got a clear mot on it yesterday, but having seen you and others building one , and my lad doing an ambulance, and always wanting to have a go decided it's now or never, yeah I did go up silverdale but only saw a bloke in the yard and he was talking rediculas prices ,he wanted more for a water heater than my whole van cost.
    Are you thinking of doing another?:)

14. fifthwheel

fifthwheel Well-Known Member

A pal of mine in the village has had a cold/flu/manflu since just before Christmas just when he thinks he is over it it comes back and has another go at him. He is just about over the third one, he has his fingers crossed.

Chaser likes this.
  15. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, got up this morning at eight o clock felt fine, went and looked at the sheep down the yard , even had a look at the next job on the van but by ten o clock just as rough as the last days:angry:

16. fifthwheel

fifthwheel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Chaser, I didnt mean to say thats whats going to happen to you, just take extra care of yourself it does seem a bad strain this year.

Chaser likes this.
  17. Chris51

Chris51 Member

No mate -have gone over the top with this one-very pleased with it-especially the insulation,holds its heat well and the sprayfoam makes van body a lot quieter.Was doing OK on cost of building until the unfortunate events of its engine blowup! (new eng/clutch/DMF/2 x inj etc)/Goes really well now (as it should!).Trouble can be yo keep putting more mods/improvements on it and cost escalates ( when you get carried away) .Saying that if you convert on it! Bits I had off Silverdale bloke was Carver htr and a nice 3 way fridge they were a bit on the dear side but got nice upholstery etc and kept popping up until he had the right bits. Good luck with the build -looks like your lads got same Citroen Relay x250)?Reguards Chris,

18. Chaser

Chaser Well-Known Member

I have two working 3 way fridges here, if anyone wants one they would be very reasonable it's the only thing we have bought new , a new 12 volt fridge, Julie wanted one so she paid for it;) must say though it saved a lot of messing about withvents and gas pipes and stuff, and it does seem to work very well but that's not used in anger yet.
    Yeah his is same as yours but it's a fiat , 11 reg, he's near enough done it now , sent the photos of to dvla yesterday, was hoping to get mine done in time to go with him but this bloody flus put paid to that, havnt touched it for a week, hopefully going to be a better day tomorrow so might get going again:)