Hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Johnboy55, Jul 12, 2018 at 2:23 PM.

1. Johnboy55

Johnboy55 New Member

Just joined the gang and look forward to a lot of support as I build my first campervan for my retirement.
    Based in Wishaw Scotland, I retire from the NHS next year and intend to spend a bit of my freetime traveling in my camper.

2. Buzzy Beans

Buzzy Beans Well-Known Member

Hello Johnboy55 and welcome to our oh so helpful, oh so knowledgeable and oh so friendly group of diymotorhomers.

So will you be yet another who decides to convert an old ambulance or will you bite the bullet and buy either an old van or whatever, even possibly a nearly new van, it doesn't matter as we are all here to help and guide you along the oft rocky path of building your first motorhome in which you will travel both far and wide.

Good luck.

Phil

3. Johnboy55

Johnboy55 New Member

Hello Mr. Beens.(Phil)
    I've bought myself a Citroen Relay L3 H2 van.
    Just out the wrapper too.
    I was looking at older vans and a terrific deal came up so we bit the bullet.
    Coming next week and my garage is loaded with gear right now.
    Can't wait to get started. Got a bit to do before we take it down to Yorkshire for tank fitting by Shaun Barrett in mid August.

4. Kermavio

Kermavio Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looks as if you've done a fair bit of research already! The most important stage is the one you are at right now - planning and design. Your design will change many times; just about everyones do. So before you start digging girt holes in your gleaming new van, make sure they will be in the right place.

Good luck with your build. And when you need some questions answered, just ask. We're here to try and help.

5. time4t

time4t Well-Known Member

Hi Johnboy55 & welcome to the forum.

Now the adventure begins!

Phill

6. Darcar

Darcar Well-Known Member

Hello, Johnboy, And Welcome to the friendly forum,
    you’ve made a good start with the choice of your van.
    As it’s been said planning can’t be over done.
    Good luck with your build. Remember have fun doing it.
    Darcar.

7. Hazlenut

Hazlenut Well-Known Member

Welcome Johnboy. Not too far from you and just starting a Renault master conversion. I haven't booked Shaun Barratt yet so you've beaten me to it :) Good luck with the build!

Andy.

8. Stephen

Stephen Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome!

Stephen.